Sunday, March 13, 2011

She Said Yes!

I cannot even explain how excited I am! I've been asking (more like BEGGING) my best friend to run with me. Run anything--a 5k, a 10k, a half marathon--and she swore it would kill her. I've been pressing her a little bit, mostly because I know she's healthy and capable enough to do this with me, and I had almost given up! ...Until tonight! I logged on to facebook and saw that I had a "wall post" from her... It said, "Soooo I jus want you to kno I think ur nuts for wanting to run a half marathon..... BUTTTTTTTT....... I MIGHT consider something of a shorter distance.... say a 10K............ ok we can talk about this soon..... ♥ u "... Silly, I know, but this is us, and it made my night! A 10k is STILL a great distance, so I'm just stoked! We're planning to train together as often as we can, but because we both work, have families, all that good stuff, we are really going to have to press ourselves to do it alone while being accountable. I've been looking into relaxing places to go to reward ourselves for doing this, so hopefully that'll make it a little more bearable for her! :-D
Planned on going to the gym this weekend, but some things happened, and we didn't make it there... I did get some new running capris at Dick's Sporting Goods tonight...Priced at $40, got 'em for $9!! So, hoping to get back to the gym tomorrow and continue this training. For tonight.... God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment