Sunday, March 6, 2011

In the beginning...

It's a Sunday night in March... In Indiana. I've been thinking about this blog thing for a while, and I finally decided there isn't much else to do on a cold winter night, so what the heck?! I'm starting a new thing in my life, and to be completely honest, it's incredibly scary! Running. Always something I wanted to do, but I never had the courage to get out and do it. Sports were always a big part of my life through school and for a few years after, but once the sports stopped, so did the running. I became unhealthy, thicker than I ever wanted to be, and probably a little depressed. Fast forward a few years... A friend of mine, Lisa, came in to my place of employment and was SO EXCITED about training for a 5k! She's always such an upbeat person, anyway, so of course her excitement was contagious. I started thinking about running again and decided I wanted to do it. My husband agreed to begin running with me, and so it began... For a while! He was in a car wreck and I got my oh-so-frequent kidney stones, so running abruptly stopped. Here came the discouragement. Much longer story short, I've recently been convinced, by Lisa (of course), to start again! I have 2 goals this year. To start AND FINISH 2 half marathons. I've been running now for about 3 weeks, and I'm doing alright so far. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment