Thursday, March 10, 2011

Overcoming Obstacles

FINALLY made it back to the gym tonight!! This week has been more stress filled than the week before I got married! Monday, we woke up to "M"s busted truck window. Tuesday we found out the truck we just bought Monday had a blown motor. Wednesday we found out the guy we bought the truck from wasn't going to do anything about selling us a bad truck... Oh, and Tuesday I discovered I have yet another kidney stone! Needless to say, we haven't made it to the gym until tonight. I really did not want to go, but I felt guilty, so off we went. Jumped on the elliptical as soon as we got in and did 2.18 miles in 28:00 minutes... Not bad for running with a kidney stone, right?! We did our weights and all that hype, headed to Subway, and now here I sit. Reflecting on the week (and the evening), I'm thankful... Thankful that "M" has another truck window to replace the broken one...Thankful that "M" and "J" can fix the motor in the new truck...Thankful for health insurance so that I can see the doctors I need... And most of all, today, thankful for my overall health! There are so many people who can't/won't get to a gym and do anything on a machine. I need to remember that I'm fortunate enough to have a gym to go to, a husband who encourages me to go, even when I really don't want to, and that I'm healthy enough to participate in physical activities! Life is all about overcoming obstacles, and this week has reminded me of that in a whole new way!

No comments:

Post a Comment