Monday, March 28, 2011

38:23

What a day! My massage this morning was AMAZING! I would've liked a little more deep pressure attention, but hey, I relaxed! It felt wonderful to have the hot stones during the massage. Afterward, I had one appointment at work, so a pretty easy afternoon... ...Got home and hubby decided we were going to run. Yay... Ok, so I was not enthused and definitely not looking forward to it. I just ran 5 miles on Saturday for goodness sake! BUT I have a hard time saying no when I know it'll be good for me...actually, more like I FEEL GUILTY saying no :-D
So I changed and off we went. I decided I wanted to improve my mile time, even if just by a few seconds. We ran 3 miles, and at times we ran 4 walked 2, which made me feel like a real runner!! Don't get me wrong, there were times that we did 2:2 as well, but running 4 every so often? GO US!! There were times that I thought, "I cannot do this! I have to stop or I really will die." I didn't die. Obviously. Thank you to my incredible husband for knowing and understanding my limits, and pushing me to AND BEYOND them!
The last block of the race (we live in town, so coming up to the house), Mitch says, "Give it all you got, leave nothing behind!" Well, I left HIM behind! I sprinted, if only for a block!!! My time for 3 miles was 38 minutes 23 seconds... That's a 12:47 mile!!! SAAWWEEEEETTTTT!!!! Really, I was excited! My quickest mile had been 13:19, so not only did I shave off a few seconds, I got rid of a half a minute!! Saturday's race really kicked my butt, and I ran a 14:something mile, but it was hilly, cold, and windy!

So tonight as I sit blogging about my day, I'm reminded of a Bible verse that I've tried really hard to keep in my mind. Philippians 4:13 states "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." When I was running today, during those 4 minutes stretches, I ask God to give me the strange, the endurance, and the WILL do make this happen! And guess what... HE DID!! We serve one awesome God!

2 comments:

  1. Great verse and also an epically awesome run!!!! Way to go girl. Well, I think I'll need to introduce you to Holly (commenter above) and our other FW bloggy friend Kimberly from Healthstrides.blogspot.com so that you can run with those fasties!!! Was thinking you and "C" could run together, but at tonight's pace, you're already near her PR and this is your what . . . . 4th "real" run???? Girl - you're going to be fast.
    Remember that training for a half involves 3 kinds of runs a.) long runs - these are SLOW and steady -they are about getting the miles on your feet and under your belt; b.) speed work - what you did tonight is an amazing example of that; and c.) recovery runs - which are just easy, smooth, and gentle sessions of 3-5 miles.
    So proud of your awesomeness. You should tell the blogosphere what you wear on your feet. I know Holly would be VERY interested in learning from your experience. (just a suggested topic for the future).
    Glad the hotrocks were relaxing. You're great for running on a day you had a massage - I refuse!!!! I don't want to ruin the "ahhhh" feeling!

    ReplyDelete