Thursday, March 17, 2011

Committed!

Finally committed to the 2011 Nutri Run in Fort Wayne!! Thanks to my girl "L", I got the guts to do it! It'll be my first real race, so I gotta say, I'm a little nervous. I've been slacking in the gym department for the past week--using the "my hubby can't go with me" excuse. He's busy, so I think I should just sit on my butt, too...or something! Anyway, we ran to my parents tonight, which is just across town, but it was great! I haven't learned to love running, yet, so I wasn't thinking it was so awesome while I was out there, but I feel good about myself after running it!
"L" came in for a massage today, and we talked about the goods, the bads, and the uglies of running races. She convinced me to run the above run with her on March 26. In case you hadn't noticed, that's only 8 days away, and I can't train for the 2 days before it, SO! I have to get to it, and fast! I'm hoping I don't slow her down, but my only goal for this race is literally to finish. I've been reading a book "L" gave me, and it talks about having the courage to START the race, not just to finish (hence my blog name!). I thought that was incredibly important. Most people don't ever even start the race! I'm registered now, though, so I'll be there! It may be Sunday before I finish, but I WILL FINISH!!
So excited to do this thang with "L"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment