Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Groceries & Bandaids

Today is one of those days that I want to go out in the country, stand in the middle of a field, and scream at the top of my lungs. Really, it wasn't that bad. Just the 2nd Monday of the week, is all.
I woke up late(r than I planned). Still managed to shower, do hair and makeup, and look halfway decent for my 8:30 massage appointment. Morning was fine. -Had a new client who's one of those people that can make your day better, no matter how it's going! Lunch was a little rushed, but I got to eat with Mitch, and that always brightens my day. My afternoon was a little hectic--more like busy--but I should be thankful. I got to see a few clients I haven't seen in a while, yay! I worked late, which is irritating because dinner is usually not healthy on late nights. McDonald's. See? Not healthy. I had to make a grocery list, always a chore.
The grocery store was actually not a horrible experience. Spent too much, got too little-- isn't that how it always goes? After I got home...this is when the "I want to scream" mood came about...
I had a very busy day planned tomorrow with a couple of friends. In a matter of 5 minutes, both plans were canceled. They both had things that HAD to be done, so it's understandable, I just have no clue what to do with my only day off tomorrow. THEN I was putting away groceries, and I re-opened my "soup can cut" from Friday... This thing has been a royal pain in the you-know-what. It's on the bend of my right thumb--meaning I cannot use my primary hand/thumb for massage (in case you're wondering, this is incredibly tough!) I screamed, a little, but not as loud as I wanted to. Hence, the "groceries" and "band aids" that were good enough to make the title today.
Annddd.... my husband's best friend, who's also a great friend of mine, sent me a sarcastic text that didn't sit so well. He meant nothing rude by it, but I was definitely not in the mood to deal with sarcasm.
So tonight, as I'm writing and unwinding, I'm reminded, again, of a verse from the greatest book of all time : The B-I-B-L-E.
  ---"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10
Today, I'm grateful for God's patience and ability to calm me, even if I'm irritated about the most ridiculous things :-D
God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. I have been there done that with my own thumb (several times actually - you'd think I would learn). What a pain - literally.

    Great post - totally sounds like you're talking :) Love the way you described your client "one of those people that can make your day better, no matter how it's going" That's very nice.

    Hope your day off is awesome. I'm off today too - in celebration of the 5th Wednesday of the month :) Long story - but it's a glorious day!

    ReplyDelete