Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Healthy Porker

So today is Kriegh's official "one month" celebration! How'd we celebrate? With a doctor's appointment!

I was really dreading it - every time we've been to his doctor's office, they've not given us the information or encouragement we wanted. The first visit resulted in Kriegh being admitted to the hospital at 5 days old. The second visit lead to 5 additional days of a "bili blanket" and a not-so-great report as far as the jaundice went.

I was nervous for today. BUT - it went really well! He's a HEALTHY 8lbs 2oz and 21.5" long! He's only in the 10th percentile for weight, 50th for height, but they say that's all okay. Doc says his color is just fine, and his lungs are sounding great! He even pooped while the dr was doing his exam - guess that's what he thought of all that mess!

I'm still in awe of this little person. I'm reminded daily that he and his life are completely reliant on me. I love that! At 2 a.m., it's hard to remember to cherish the moment, but I still try. I may be sleep deprived, but I will always enjoy those sweet, quiet times!

In just one short month, I've come to this conclusion : I'm ok with this change. I've traded cute hair do's for a pony tale that may not have been brushed the entire day. I've given up my 6-8 hours of sleep for a lucky 4 or 5. I've been puked on, pooped on, peed on, and drooled on. I spend some days in their entirety in my pajamas. I'm lucky to have a shower that lasts more than 5 minutes. I may wash and dry the laundry, but rarely are the clothes folded and never put away. The dishes may be clean, but their new home is the dish washer. I don't have the cleanest house, the cutest clothes, or the best hairdo, but I do have something that's worth far more. My baby boy. I'd give all of this up for the rest of my life if it meant he'd be happy!

I'm pretty smitten by this little one, and I'm so thankful that God has once again heard and answered my prayers for a healthy report! So here's to one month and many, MANY more to come!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you got a healthy report :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To many many many more indeed. I'm thankful you and he and your hubs are all doing well I'm soooooo happy for you! Congrats. Hugs friend. Miss you but know your life is amazing right now.

    ReplyDelete