Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Goals for a New Year

I can't believe it's 2012 already! Time flew in 2011, but it was a good year - the most life changing thus far. Having our little man toward the end of it made it that much sweeter!


For 2012, I've gone with the majority and set a resolution... I've never been much for the silly things, because let's face it - not many people keep them. I'm hoping that I'm not one of "those" people come March or April! I think my goal(s) are realistic and do-able.

What are they?

St. Jude Memphis Marathon runners on Beale Street
1) Get back to running!! A friend of mine persuaded me in early 2011 to give running a try, even if I wasn't that great at it. I did, and I actually kind of like it! (Thanks, Lisa!!!) It's a great feeling to know that I'm bettering my health. I don't have to be fast or finish first. I just want to be healthy enough to run around and play with my son (when he's big enough!) and not feel out of breath, tired, sluggish, etc. I do have one goal for this resolution - to start and FINISH the St. Jude Half Marathon in December of 2012. Wanna join me? Check it out! I have a year to prepare - Here's to it!



2) Daily devotions... This is an area I've ALWAYS struggled with! I've been a Christian since early childhood, and my walk with God has been like everyone else's - up and down. 2011 seemed to be a constant reminder that all I need to do is put my faith and trust in Christ, and He'll get me where I need to be. Easier said than done, right? I'm human. I struggle, stumble, and surely fall, but I'm sure of one thing - I have a Savior who will be there to pick me up, dust me off, and help me get back on that path I so badly need to be on! Devoting time to Him and His word daily is a necessity!

3) De-clutter! 
Ok, ok, ok. This is one of the most popular resolutions. But seriously. I keep everything! When it comes to Kriegh, I don't think I'll succeed here - I already want to keep every item we own if it deals with him! Think I'm kidding? There are mints from my baby shower in his keepsake box. Yes, every item :) For Mitch and I, though, I really want to go through stuff and get rid of some junk that we don't really need. Example : My psychology notes//books//papers from my first 2 years of college. It's been 7 years!

I'm sticking to just 3 for now. If I feel like I'm doing pretty well on them, I'll consider adding a "halfway through 2012" resolution. So here's to a happy, healthy, fun-filled 2012!

Praise God for the memories that will be made and the times that will be shared with good friends, great family, and everyone in between!

3 comments:

  1. Love your new blog "look".

    Yay for a return to running - any time you want a partner to do a run or a race I'm your girl!!! There's a 5K in February at Shoaf Park called the Fanny Freezer - it's only $5. You and Mitch and Kreigh could walk it together!!!! The race info isn't posted yet, but if you're interested, I'll make sure you get it.

    Happy New Year friend!!!!!! Miss you!

    Decluttering happens to be an area I'm awesome at so if you need help, call!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through "Wells L" - she told me that you were planning to run the St Jude Marathon. That is my one running related goal for 2012 too! Look forward to following your journey to that finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on 2 of your resolutions. I struggle also with connecting to God on a daily basis especially being busy and now this coming 2012 mom of 20 month old Weston wife to Bryan, full time student and full time preschool teacher. I also think de-cluttering is a great idea. I have a entire office of stuff to get rid of. Want to sell but it has been hard. Don;t think I could do the running thing. Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete