Monday, April 4, 2011

The Perfect Dress

This post has absolutely nothing to do with running. I just had to share :)

Saturday I got to start the process of shopping for a wedding dress with my best friend. It brought back lots of memories of my big day, and it made me so excited for her wedding!

We went to Bride to Be on Broadway. Manda had everything that she thought "the perfect dress" would have picked out. All the details. Shockingly, the dress that is her favorite (so far), is a little different than she expected. I can't give any details, of course, but she looked BEAUTIFUL!! This wedding has been a long time coming. Just being able to see her in a dress makes it more real!!

We took lots of pictures--and were lectured by the sales woman about taking to many (we didn't care)-- so she'll have those to remember the first time she put on a wedding dress.

I'll definitely be documenting this journey here, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a super fun time. BOO to the saleswoman. Do you watch "Say Yes to the Dress?" on TLC? Well, I do and more than once, the dress that came in was NOT the dress that was ordered. Also, "C's" daughter just ordered her dress from a FW store and go the WRONG sash. It was ONLY because "C" had a photo of the one they tried on that the store was willing to reorder it. It was totally the clerk's error - like the item number was 50505
    and the clerk ordered 050505. I support the photography of the wedding purchases!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knock knock - anyone home? Lack of posts . . . does that mean a lack of runs? Hope you are okay! Have you made a final decision about which training plan you're going to follow? I'll be seeing you on Friday. Hope you get out there - if you need a SLOW running partner - let me know - I'm avaiable for some 3-5 milers. I have a nice route around "Happyville" I could show you. It's 5.3 miles. It's pretty laid back. Call/text/email me if you're looking for a slow running buddy!!

    ReplyDelete